Our Privacy Commitment
The Good Shop (Registration No. 1229887-T) hereby trading as “Social Enterprise by SROI Sdn. Bhd (www.thegoodshop.com.my) is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe. The Good Shop will take all necessary measures to fulfill this commitment, including to:
- Comply with the Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”);
- Ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- tell you how we might use your personal information;
- not to disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.;
- keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the the “Act”. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to Social Enterprise by SROI Sdn. Bhd (1229887-T) and trading as “The Good Shop” and its related entities. www.thegoodshop.com.my (“Website”) is owned and administered by Social Enterprise by SROI Sdn. Bhd (1229887-T). This policy gives a broad overview of our policies in relation to privacy but if you require further information, you are welcome to contact us or to read any of the privacy statements or notices that will be issued to you as and when personal information is collected.
Collection of Personal Information and the rationale
The Good Shop will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to provide to you the best possible service and customer experience. The Good Shop do not sell, share or trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties.
Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and to third parties for the purposes for which it was collected, as authorised and consented by you. For example, the conduct of a sales transaction of a product of your choice on our website.
When you register a The Good Shop account, the personal information we collect may include your:
Date of Birth (Optional)
When you make a purchase on the The Good Shop website, the additional personal information we collect may include:
There are various reasons why The Good Shop might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information. Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services. Our main services include the sale, rental and delivery of goods; providing a forum for product and service reviews and feedback; providing information and responding to queries in relation to our goods and services; facilitating competitions; facilitating online chat; coordinating the provision of credit; processing of warranties and coordinating the installation of goods.We may also use your personal information to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, The Good Shop may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
How do we use or disclose your personal information?
The Good Shop may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- to set up and activate your account with The Good Shop;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
- to coordinate delivery of your goods;
- to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
- to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
- to provide information to you that you have requested;
- to provide additional information to you as requested by you and to respond to your queries about our products;
- to facilitate your entry into competitions run through the Website;
- to facilitate online chat;
- to any third party suppliers of our goods or services, including third party application owners or licensors;
- to any third party credit provider to facilitate the provision of credit to you as required;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
- to facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
- to Social Enterprise by SROI Sdn. Bhd for the direct marketing by those Recipient Parties of promotions, products and services offered by those Recipient Parties;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service that we provide to you;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
- to our agents, successors and/or assigns;
- to notify you of offers that may be of interest to you; and
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may use it for the marketing purposes as below:
- use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
- contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
- disclose your personal information to our related entities, any one or more of the Recipient Parties or to our business partners (including third party facilitators) to enable them to tell you about a product or service that you might be interested in.
Disclosure of Personal Information
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas (“Overseas Recipients”). This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Malaysia or where you are interacting with an application which is based overseas. The countries to which we are most likely to send your personal information include the United States of America.
Wherever possible, we will limit the information provided to independent third parties to that information required for those third parties to properly perform their functions. Further, our contracts with these third parties will always require the third parties to comply with the Act (or equivalent standards).
Security of Your Personal Information
The Good Shop ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes
The Good Shop uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the Website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
Collection of Computer Data not necessarily Personal Information
When you visit The Good Shop, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
Your computer’s IP address
Webpage you were visiting before you came to our website
The pages within The Good Shop that you visit
The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Protecting your identity
Wherever it is practicable, The Good Shop will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
Changes to this policy
How can you contact us?
Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us in relation to any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavours to address any such concerns thoroughly and in a timely manner. If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, if you choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult for us to assist you with your enquiry. This will depend on the nature of your enquiry.
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE BY SROI SDN. BHD
|Kuala Lumpur||Postal address: 29 Jalan Sri Semantan 1, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Phone:||+60 12 283 9006|
Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure